Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does cutting caffeine really help anxiety?

Hi!
Does cutting caffeine really help diminish the levels of anxiety? I just so love my my coffee and drink approx. 3-4 a day. I no longer drink alcohol.

I just feel like if I start cutting back, then my anxiety will rise. I suffer from mild general anxiety and don't take any meds.
Answer:
Yes cutting it helps a great deal. Caffeine impacts the adrenals. It raises the production of the adrenal hormone cortisol (the stress hormone), which causes the blood vessels to constrict and the heart to pump harder. Coffee can cause adrenal insufficiency which in turn can lead to panic attacks.
Generally yes. Meditation helps to relieve stress too.
I believe cutting caffeine would diminish the levels of anxiety. If you decide to try it, then don't quit "cold turkey". Start by deleting one cup of coffee or replacing it with decaf. Then, gradually move to deleting two cups of coffee or replacing with decaf.

It's worth a try!

Read about caffeine by clicking on the link below:
Why not take meds? Anyway, caffiene affected me a great deal, if someone gave me caffinated coffee instead of decaf I was hanging from the chandilier. I didn't have to 'decaf' after I was on meds. But, coffee has like 200 mg of caffiene in a mug of coffee. That will give anyone the jitters. I take Klonopin for anxiety. I have never felt more relaxed. I switched to hot tea with the blue sweetener when I was taking care of my dad before he passed and when I came home I continued.
yes cutting back helps - maybe consider switching to green tea..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net