Saturday, October 31, 2009

Does anyone out there have panic attacks?

how do u deal with them
Answer:
I had a lot of panic attack about 4 to 5 years ago. At first I was seeing a therapist but there were other issues and he referred me to a psychiatrist who placed me on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication. The anti-anxiety medication was helpful and usually started working rather quickly. The problem is that the anti-anxiety medication is heavy duty and can be addictive. In addition to its addictive nature, long term use can lead to other medical problems. I have found that although the anti-anxiety medication served its purpose, there are other activities one can engage in to ease the situation. Sometimes I use breathing exercises. Other times, I sit down and try to focus. Right now, I kind of know what would trigger those episodes and try to fix them pro-actively instead of re-actively. This only comes with time so you have to work hard to know yourself. In the interim, a therapist might help you figure those things out or perhaps talking to a well respected family member or friend.
I have them when I am around a large group of people, like in a department store or something, Normally leaving the place that is causing them helps me, If you go to the doctor and they diagnose you with classic anxiety they will give you medication to supress that feeling.
I do and it has been very difficult as of late. My P-doc keepsprescribing me Anti-Psychotic medications like Risperdol...

I recently asked my fam dr to prescribe something faster acting...and have found some relief with it (Xanax).but I only take it when absolutley neccessary
When I get them, I take deep breaths, find something to focus on to distract me and take a cool shower (if I'm at home). There are prescription medications out there that treat anxiety (panic attacks) so you may want to talk to your doctor if it continues or you've been dealing with them for awhile. Good luck!
Yes - I suffer from agoraphobia which is a fear of people in groups or a confined place like a store. I take antidepressant and anti anxiety medication and don't panic in stores and have to leave much anymore, but sometimes still have a problem getting myself to go to the store. I am getting counseling now too. They can help with specific types, causes, and problems.
I have alot of panick attacks especially around alot of people or when im just really nervous about something or even mad i just take deep breaths or breathe into a paper bag it regulates the breathing you can even visit your doctor and get some anti anxiety medication good luck
Just like all doctors say it's in your head, but panic attacks are real you need to calm your mine from fear, God is in your mine read the bible it calms the fear in all of us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net