Sunday, October 25, 2009

Does anyone know of herbal remedy for throwing up everytime I eat?

I am a 37 year old female who has had a complete hysterectomy. I do not take hormones or any other medications. I do have a bit of stress, my husband has a traumatic brain injury and I have 2 children ages 5 and 7. My husband is worse than the children, he demands more of my attention and gets sullen if I don't give it to him, he throws fits and objects when he feels things aren't going his way. He has never physically abused any of us but is very stressful for me to live with at times. Recently I have started throwing up everytime I eat something. Yesterday my right shoulder was hurting so bad I could not pick up anything and when I went to pull up my bathing suit bottom it felt like my shoulder was being ripped. Then today it hurt when I woke up and became progressively worse. Then I ate lunch and within 2 bites was running to the door to throw up and the weird thing was, after I threw up, my shoulder guit hurting. At dinner I threw up again after a few bites. When usually it has been 1 or 2 times a week, it is now becoming every meal. I know it is stress.though the shoulder is a new sympton.but since I have to be with my husband, I have no insurance and cannot afford a Dr. Or the medicine he would prescribe. My Stm John's wort is now blooming so I am making tea from fresh blooms 1/4 herb to one cup water 2x's/ day. I was wondering if you recommended any other herbs with it. I have quite a few I grow myself.
Answer:
Hey - could you get to a free clinic or something? I know stress can do this kind of thing, but it could be more serious as well, so you'd want to get checked out just to make sure.

Maybe the shoulder pain is reflux? I don't know... if it IS reflux, that could be good news, because the medications for that are pretty effective. You'd need insurance for them, though - meds like Prilosec, they're expensive :(

I've got gastroparesis, which gives me chronic nausea. I don't know if I can help you for sudden vomiting, but the few tricks I have learned.
- foot baths - they're just a general pain management tool and about the only thing that helps when nausea gets really bad
- Flat cola
- You could try switching to Boost instead of food... although it's pricey. It's basically a liquid diet, and it's a lot gentler on the stomach than actual food.

Other things that might work for stress-related upset are ginger (tea, candied, biscuits, whatever :), peppermint tea, and sucking on hard candy. I really hope you feel better! I'm sorry you're throwing up and stressed out.

Best -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net