Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does looking at the sun make you sneeze?

Do you think it helps?
Answer:
Actually the sun causing you to sneeze is thought to be a genetic related problem, and no one really knows why it happens.

It seems to only occur in some people, but not in others. For example, my boyfriend sneezes his head off on a sunny day, while I am unaffected.

You may find this article from Newsday interesting. It talks about the problem of 'photic sneezers.'

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ny-hs...
yeah and blind
LOL! No and who told you that? It might probably make you blind.
yes, the eye pathway and the sneeze reflex pathway are shared in the human. It is why it happens.
no
sometimes.
i dont know about some people but it always does for me.
No it doesn't..but my husband yes.
i think that people always told me that it helped so now it is embedded in my head and its a mind thing and so yeah it helps :)
I dont think the sun makes you sneeze. I think the light helps you to sneeze if you are already going to sneeze.
Yes! It does! Whenever I go outside in the morning I sneeze! My grandpa always told me that he was allergic to the morning sun!
No, haha. Maybe looking up at the trees with all the pollen would?
it always works for me
It doesn't make me, but it does make everybody in my friends family.
no ti makes it so you DONT sneeze
yes and not only natural light as in sun but any artificial light makes me sneeze but that is when i go close to a bulb or tube light
Looking AT the sun isn't a good idea! However, bright light in general makes certain muscles in your eyes contract, and some of them can put pressure on your sinuses making you want to sneeze or something like that. Bright light makes me sneeze all the time!
yes it always does for me an my little cousin. everytime we go outside and look at the sun we both sneeze.i think its a little weird.
If you sneeze by looking at the sun or a bright light you are one of the quarter of the population who can do this - it's a matter of genetics. It tends to run in families.
If you sneeze because of this, if you have that feeling that you need to sneeze but can't, looking at the sun or a bright light usually works, but it's not guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net