Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Does eating raw mushrooms give you kidney stones?

My Dad has always gave me a hard time about eating them because he said he read something one time saying they give kidney stones. I eat alot of raw veggies.
Answer:
eating too much calcium can, but not the shrooms
i dont think so
I don't know about Mushrooms, but I heard eating to much spinach will give a person kidney Stones.

==================/

Certain foods may increase the risk of stones: spinach, rhubarb, chocolate, peanuts, cocoa, tomato juice, grapefruit juice, apple juice, soft drinks (which are acidic and contain phosphorus), and berries, due to high levels of oxalate/ oxalic acid. In the United States, the South has the highest incidence of kidney stones, since it is a region where apple juice consumption is very common. Other drinks are associated with decreased risk of stones, including wine, lemonade and orange juice, the latter two of which are rich in citrate, a stone inhibitor.



~faith
Not that I have ever heard of but eating peanut butter and soy does...your body cannot break the protiens down in legumes...if you add olive oil and lemon juice it helps...but I have ran health food stores for years and only heard good things about mushrooms, and I eat them alot and have no kidney stones.and have never heard of anyone who has got them from mushrooms...
I've never heard that one. Kidney stones can be caused by several things, however. Some are formed by calcium. Some form when the body doesn't rid itself of waste products in the urine. Drinking good water, cranberry and prune juice are all great to help prevent kidney stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net